The Community Emergency Radio Association (CERA) is an all-volunteer group of concerned citizens dedicated to promoting community safety throughout El Dorado County and surrounding communities.
CERA was founded to support and promote public service communications in El Dorado County and other areas in need via the voluntary, non-profit association of licensed amateur radio operators and others who share interests in developing and promoting the knowledge and advancement of operating techniques and the technical skills related to public service community and emergency radio communications.
We accomplish these goals through mentoring new radio operators, participating in public safety exercises, and through emergency preparedness, education and goodwill.
Our goals include:
- Providing volunteer radio communication services to government agencies and the general public in times of emergency
- Providing community, state and national volunteer amateur radio communication services in support of charitable agencies
- Providing amateur radio licensing classes, test sessions and educational programs
- Promoting programs that develop and improve the skills of licensed amateur radio operators and Neighborhood Radio Watch operators
- Promoting the development of new technology and scientific discoveries by supporting and encouraging research and technological innovation in application of amateur radio.