Knowing what to do for proactive and reactive planning will help you feel more prepared to face disasters such as the ever increasing danger of wildlife fires.
The links below are for reference only and are not managed by 0r affiliated with CERA. Always rely on official county, law enforcement, and fire agencies for the most accurate, reliable, and up to date source of information (see bolded links below).
- RAVE - Sign up now for the El Dorado County Sheriff's Office of Emergency Services alert and warning system
- CAL FIRE AEU (Twitter, Facebook) - Covers the CAL FIRE Amador-El Dorado Unit. See also CAL FIRE website and their ReadyForWildfire website on how to prepared for wildfires.
- US Forest Services El Dorado National Forest (Website, Twitter, Facebook)
- Watch Duty mobile app (Android, iOS, Desktop) - Real-time push notifications about wildfires in California
- Fire Incidents - CAL FIRE, YubaNet
- Air Quality Maps - AirNow Fire and Smoke, PurpleAir
- Flight Radar (Android, iOS, Desktop) - Real-time information about aircrafts flying in the area
- Fire Lookout cameras - ALERTWildfire shows fire lookout cameras to help spot fires
- YouTube "The Lookout" Channel - Unofficial but informative wildfire education and reporting
Animal Rescue and Services
- El Dorado County Animal Services - Official source for where to take your animals if you need to evacuate or to inquire about animal rescue or animal welfare checks if you had to leave your animals behind
- Sierra Wildlife - Emergency services for injured wildlife only (not domestic animals, livestock, or pets)
- El Dorado County Sheriff's Office Active Evacuation Orders Map
- El Dorado County Emergency Preparedness and Response - Be Prepared
- El Dorado County Roads, Trails, and Parks Status
- Sample Checklist for Evacuation Preparation
Scanner Mobile App
- Scanner Radio (Android, iOS) - Free app with customizable alerts to listen to live Police and Fire Radio channels
Fire Safe Councils
Fire Safe Councils work closely with local fire officials to design and implement projects that increase wildfire awareness, defensive strategies, and safety in their communities.